Build Your Business
- Best global phone plans
What are the best international calling plans?
- Immigrants: America’s Next Mobile Tech Opportunity
Immigrants are heavier users of mobile technology than the overall U.S. population.
- Introduction to Online Marketing
Your customers are online. You need to be too.
- Online Marketing Plan: Ming Wang Knits
Tips and ideas you can use to make your online marketing plan more productive.
- Online Marketing Plan: Rico M. Panada
Advice on how to drive more traffic onto the company’s website.
- Set Up Your Online Sales Plan
A step-by-step guide to make your website a selling machine.
- Social Media Tips: Ming Wang Knits
Learn how Ming Wang uses social media to gain a competitive advantage.
- A New Service that Matches Immigrant Entrepreneurs with Lenders
Intuit’s Loan Finder helps immigrant businesses find hard-to-find loans
- Alternative Financing Smarts
Think again. Asset-based lenders and factors may be ready to help you grow your business.
- Angel Investing Crib Sheet
What you must know before selling a stake in your business to outside investors.
- Avoid These Five Credit Pitfalls
For immigrant entrepreneurs not accustomed to the US financial culture, credit management may seem a daunting task. Learning from others’ mistakes could make it easier to tackle. This story is the final installment of the series on how to achieve business success in a credit-driven country.
- Bank Loan Basics
It’s not easy to borrow these days—but it’s still possible.
- Credit Card Financing 101
Countless entrepreneurs have used credit cards to finance their businesses. But be careful how you use them, there are risks involved.
- Financing by Friends, Family
Loans and investments from your biggest fans can be easy to get, but make sure they don’t damage your relationships.
- Finding a Loan When Banks Drag Their Heels
After months of searching for financing, one Indian immigrant found funding through Intuit’s Loan Finder
- Five Steps To Manage Your Credit
This is part three of our four-part series on the importance of credit for immigrant entrepreneurs who want to build a successful business in America. In this installment, we’ll tell you how to manage the credit you’ve worked so hard to establish.
- How To Raise $18 Million For Your Startup
Need to raise funding for your business? Watch this interview to see how.
- Immpreneur’s Guide To Credit
This is the first article in a four-part series on how immigrant entrepreneurs can succeed in a credit-driven economy. Of all the ingredients in a successful business, access to credit is the most frequently overlooked. Credit is, quite simply, the engine that builds big businesses out of start-ups, and makes the American dream possible.
- Looking for a loan? Check out Microlenders.
Microlenders are more likely to loan to immpreneurs than banks. Watch this video to find out why.
- Small Loans, Big Opportunities
Microlenders welcome entrepreneurial immigrants.
- Small-Business Financing: Success Tips
Learn from successful fashion entrepreneur Eddie Wang.
- Your Financing Guide
How to get loans, attract investment capital, and more.
- 12-Step Sales Strategy
Eddie Wang used smart, aggressive selling to build a $12 million clothing company from scratch. Learn how he did it.
- Cracking Home Depot
Learn the sales strategies used to sell to one of the world’s largest retailers.
- How To Get Your Product Into Whole Foods
Getting your products into Whole Foods is a huge coup, but the competition is fierce. In the following interview, a Whole Foods insider explains how you can do it.
- How to Win Government Contracts
Step by step plan on how to successfully sell to city and state agencies.
- How To Win The Big Sale
Learn how a tiny immigrant-owned company outsold American industry giants and walked away with the contract.
- In Search of the Perfect Fish Oil
Norwegian immigrant Joar Opheim, spots a gap in the market, uses his immigrant advantage and creates a mega hit in the U.S.
- Maximize Retail Sales
Steven Wang, Vice President of Sales & Marketing at Ming Wang Knits, explains his sales strategies.
- Open Doors with American Advisors
These two immigrant entrepreneurs got instant credibility by using American advisors. Find out how they did it.….and how you can too.
- Selling the First Empanada
Ricardo Rezk explains how to make a sale by just having a conversation.
- Selling to Whole Foods: Six Steps to Success
Getting your product into national chains is never easy, but the rewards are big if you are persistent. The following steps will put you on the road to success.